Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

meggles1
Contributor

Help with the ACT companion app

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've set the app to get notifications once a day. When they come I can see it but I need to swipe to open and when I do I lose it. Where do I find it? Is it in the actual app, if so where? This is very frustrating and at the moment any small thing going wrong seems catostrophic!!
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Help with the ACT companion app

Are you on android or iOS @meggles1

PS I'm with you on the 'any small thing goes wrong seems catastrophic' as well. My app seems to be working ok an apple. I've googled it and there doesn't seem to be any issues. I've kept up to date with all my apps and iOS. Not sure if this helps. I'm just trying to help out. 😊💜

I'm on IOS. Can u find the notifications anywhere else in the app? They just go when I swipe fone to open.

I appreciate u trying to help!

IMG_3148.PNG

@meggles1 This is in settings in the app. Is this what you mean? I have the app but haven't used it but perhaps you've just encouraged me to 😊💜

Hi @meggles1

if its the notifications that just remind you to take notice of the environment or be mindful about something, they won't open up to anything specific. theyre just little prompts to keep you in the moment every now and then. other than that I don't get notifications from it? im on ios too. 

lj

Do you find it helpful @Former-Member?

yes, i do. the little notifications are sometimes all that i use lol and it helps during a busy day to see that reminder to check in with where i am and ground myself. at the moment im using the actual app and activities more as i have self care plan/schedule that i'm trying to stick to (but its intensive and very time expensive) to lower the ptsd anxiety and symptoms.... 

lj

Ok, thanx. Tomorrow I'll just have to read whatever I can without swiping to open it. I might go on my computer and see if I can adjust the settings so I can read it all without swiping. At the moment need any little positive messages I can get. 😬
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance