Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

The-red-centaur
Senior Contributor

Hypochondria

Idk but I think I might be one. I'm always googling symptoms related to random symptoms I think j have, thinking the worst, I always think I'm dying, coz the ED could be deadly. I have anxiety and low blood pressure so I always feel sick.

But then again I could actually be sick coz my ED is serious and I've had heart and blood sugar problems in the past. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Hypochondria

I'm not sure @The-red-centaur , I think its natural to research and look at medical symptoms and conditions normally.  Learning the ins and outs of something even at a basic level can often be of comfort.  I did a lot of research into bipolar 2 when I was diagnosed.

Your diagnosis and past would only ramp that up to a new level. Maybe you can talk to someone about it when you can and if you are comfortable to do so.

Take care 🙂

hi @The-red-centaur 

from what I've read of your posts, you have a psychotic mental illness and just had major surgery to try to get you out of a wheelchair & walking again, is that right?

None of that is delusional or hypochondriacal. You've been seriously unwell and have had surgery to address that. And while you were recovering from surgery in hospital you had psychotic delusions. That's what I understand from your posts, am I right?

Are you still in hospital mate? 

@BryanaCamp that's only part of it.

The stuff I get paranoid about is ED/unrelated to my current physical situation.

Eg. I keep thinking I'm going hypoglycemic it ketoacidosis and force myself into panic attacks over it.

Eg I'm dizzy, rapid breathing, thirsty...I'm dying.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance