Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Raising Awareness of BPD - Flipping the Script

Hi @BPDSurvivor,

Proud of you!  Today you made progress also.

tropicalsun

Sooo proud of you  @BPDSurvivor 😀:ok_hand:❤

Hello @tropicalsun 

Hugs @Shaz51 @tropicalsun .

It feels so great to be able to share both the ups and downs of mental health recovery. This is the reality of it. Recovery does not mean you'll never have setbacks. It's about riding out the waves. You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.

Thanks for your support,

BPDSurvivor

Hi @Shaz51 

Well done @BPDSurvivor ❤️

You have come such a long way @BPDSurvivor to be able to recognise you towered experiencing 'a moment' and so helpful things/activities to help calm you down and get through the situation - I'm very proud of you!!

WIP & Levi xx

💖❤️💖

Hi to @Shaz51 @BlueBay @tropicalsun @Nells @Judi9877

and anyone I may has missed by mistake

Hi, I really relate to what you said about not trusting yourself to make decisions. I find I'm constantly questioning my choices and alot of times will ask others what to do - it feels too overwhelming to decide myself.

Ahh!! I find this fascinating regarding the eating. I often find myself not wanting to eat even though my body is giving me plenty of signs of hunger, during October I lost a substantial amount of weight from lack of not wanting to eat - mainly as it felt and tasted like cardboard and eveytime my s/o tried to get me to eat I'd end up highly agitated. Just recently, during already heightened emotions my s/o wanted me to try the fish he caught earlier that day and I was not in the least interested, I forced it down at the table with my kids and s/o, I still feel his gaze on me, he told me later my face was completely distorted - something that seems alot of people see that I can't, my face and body completely changes.

Hi @26aqua ,

Thanks for joining us here!

My weight loss was due to a mix of depression and BPD. My depression made eating pointless. I didn't see the need to eat despite, like you, having all the physical symptoms of hunger. Some people eat for comfort when they are depressed, but I was the opposite.

In terms of BPD, when someone asked me to eat, I flatly refused - in my mind, my entire BPD world was so chaotic and out of control, so food was something I COULD control - and I did. 

Moving on from there, I no longer have depression. I may have depressive moments, but I definitely do not have depression. I still take anti-depressants and am working to tapering off these. 

Just a note, meds help alleviate the symptoms that may come with BPD such as insomnia, depression, anxiety. However, targeted talking therapies is what works for BPD (e.g DBT, ACT, MBT). These therapies work on making changes in how we think and perceive things, hence it takes time.

I read your post about your conversation with your s/o. If he is willing to stick by you thick and thin, he will be greatly rewarded. PwBPD can be the most compassionate, sympathetic, caring people. Although recovery takes times, you will learn so much from it.

I don't see my BPD has something I need to 'get rid of'. I see it as something to embrace and learn from. 

@26aqua , the BPD journey is an amazing one!

BPDSurvivor

Hi to everyone passing through:

@BlueBay @Andrab @Judi9877 @WIP @Nells @Shaz51 @Aniela @JJ4 @vashi @BPDrose @Luca33 @Sarah_850 @Olliesmum @asdfge @SunflowerMe @magical_journey @Tbo @sarvan @Snoopy56 @Ellan @sanity41 @Laylah @Flossy92 @Bow @BPDSurvivor @Jacaranda84 @LouisianaM @Andrab @Theodora @Et68 

Hey @26aqua ,

Feel free to ask any questions here, particularly surrounding BPD.

Cheers,

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance