Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Supporting a friend with terminal illness

Today she was taken from home to palliative care.

This afternoon I went to hospital to see my friend and we have been friends since 89.

I just want to help her as much as I can and it makes me sad to see the changes in her and the progression of her illness.

I just hope and pray for a miracle for her and that she makes it through Christmas & new year.

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Supporting a friend with terminal illness

That must be so hard to go through for you both @Former-Member. Thinking of you, sending loads of hugs 🤗💜

Thanks @Former-Member

How are you going?

hugs @Former-Member

i'm sorry that you're friend is going through an illness like this. It must be so hard to see this happening,

sending hugs

lj

Ok today @Former-Member. I had some good distractions and support today that helped both from my care coordinator and phams support worker. I'm back climbing back on the horse for now. How are you holding up? It must be very difficult to go through this. I haven't gone through this yet.

Thanks for the message......

I really feel for her and what she has been through the last four years and more recently. I just have to be strong for her!!

Sorry @Former-Member I forgot the tag in your post.

I am glad to hear you are back on the horse and having some good people around supporting you @Former-Member

It was a bit of a shock to be honest with my friend and even though I knew she was quite unwell, she was still so upbeat and making plans for next year

So young and so brave, with an amazing attitude through her battle with cancer over the past few years

And everyone today at the hospital was amazing with her and I do know she is in good hands and the Drs are very personal and have taken great care of my friend.

It's really sad about your friend so young. I'm glad you feel she is in good hands with her care @Former-Member. 

My friend passed away not too long ago.

Goodnight sweet peace be with you always Heart Heart Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance