Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

doglover613
New Contributor

bipolar depression

Hi, 

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder type 1 in February of 2022. I'm currently on antidepressants and antipsychotics to deal with my moods. I'm in the middle of a depressive episode and i feel like things are overwhelming, im exhausted all the time, i can barely get out of bed. Does anyone have any strategies of how to deal with very low mood?  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: bipolar depression

Hello @doglover613 and welcome. I know how tough it can be to face the day. I don't have all the answers but on the whole I'm doing better since a health intervention paying attention to diet and exercise. It's still a struggle but I'm treading water rather than drowning. I walk every day and meals are a challenge in recombining fresh seasonal ingredients  I try to stay connected even if it's just online. Keeping a sleep routine is something I find difficult but I'm working on it. 

I hope you find the forums friendly and supportive, and you're able to share what works for you, as well as enjoying meeting new people.

Welcome, @doglover613 , I'm sorry to hear. 

My main strategy for severe depression was distraction and sleep. I used books, although sometimes I couldn't concentrate. 

Good luck, I hope your depression eases very soon...

Over the years I've found that intense cardiovascular workouts 2-4 times a week really helps with this as well as eating a well-rounded diet.  It doesn't have to be a perfect diet with salads every day, but the healthier the food, the better I tend to feel as well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance