Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Writing about happiness . . . reminds me about Kay Jamiso...

Writing about happiness . . . reminds me about Kay Jamison's EXUBERANCE, another fantastic book!

Fancy giving us a blurb morning star?

Fancy giving us a blurb morning star?

Thank you for your comment Karma. I think it is a very ha...

Thank you for your comment Karma.

I think it is a very hard thing for people not to be self-absorbed. And to what degree?

On one hand, I find narcissism, very unappealing, on the other, self-absorbtion and depression have a very negative symbiotic relationship.

I empathise with the depressed, and I worry that overinflated self-esteem is my Shadow.

And as well as being told that I'm 'too much,' I've also been told that I over-think things.

So, as for studying happiness, I'll leave that to the experts and just enjoy it. I think?

http://www.amazon.com/Exuberance-Passion-Kay-Redfield-Jam...

Re: http://www.amazon.com/Exuberance-Passion-Kay-Redfield-Jam...

Will have to read this one.

Touched With Fire didn't change my life, It frightened and inspired me. Just like the best drummers do.

Thanks morningstar.

Re: Thank you for your comment Karma. I think it is a very ha...

Is your Shadow Freudian or Jungian, JJ? I'm not familiar with either, I just now looked it up.

Re: Books that have changed our lives

@JubileeJohnson I am very much been all about me these last few weeks.
I too know what your saying but you are making amazing insight for others ie like myself I hope that I can learn from others to be able to not make everything about me and be able to offer advice and support like you do

I don't know if my shadow is Freudian or Jungian BG. I have a sneaking suspcion that he might be Armenian.

Tish Boom.

Re: Books that have changed our lives

This one's for you kato:

http://mindvalleyacademy.com/featured/celebrating-life-manifesto-infographic

Now there was a man with insight!

Hello, I enjoyed your email Jubilee....

I personally would not listen to what people are saying to you....overthink....too much.
Like you already know , can squash your creativity. life is hard...because there are people in it.... Take the criticism with a ....tablespoon of salt.

Lol

I remember my Dad telling me I'm too much once.....it was all so he could impress someone and he didn't want me speaking to them.
Be yourself. I always find the conversation of talking about the weather a good tension breaker....i
the weather always changes
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance