Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Hi @jem80 ! I totally love the wool you posted! I can't wait to see how your beanie turns out in it. Keep all of us here posted on your development please! 
@outlander I know how you feel about blankets as I'm trying to knit some for charity but they just seem to take forever. I have trouble with motivation at times and therefore seem to always have at least 5 projects on the go in various forms. My housemate just wants me to at least finish one to make her happy which is a goal I'm trying to achieve in the form of a blanket for her birthday in November which is a secret project of mine disguised in the form of a charity blanket whenever I choose to knit it around her. Just keep doing what you can, when you can, and take care of yourself. Just go row by row if you have to like I often do as all of those single rows do add up in the end. I'm cheering you on here in forumland🤩!

@Judi9877 @CheerBear @Maggie @outlander @mumto2 

Living with masks! I decided to make one of my own using a pattern from the DHHS Website and YouTube.

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/202007/Design%20and%20preparation%20of%20c...

https://youtu.be/m6xtdrrAvlM

my home made mask for COVID-19

7DC35883-1992-49F7-94D1-E7343A2B2D6C.jpeg

@jem80  Oh wow, that’s an impressive looking mask, wondering if @CheerBear  might be interested, she’s making masks also. 👍👍👍👍👍

Hi @Maggie @CheerBear @jem80 @outlander @mumto2 @Gazza75 and all crafty critters here! Just popping in to catch up and show you what I have done with my knitting. Also to say well so Ebro @jem80 on the mask. I'm very proud of you and your creativity☺️! Here is a photo of the next bit of my blanket for my best friend. I changed my mind with the other peice of knitting that was initially going to be made into a scarf and decided to make a blanket instead using the peice of knitting. That means I'll knit 9 strips which are around 170cm in length and 20cm wide using 7mm knitting needles using 2 strands of yarn. Basically it's me being creative and having fun using the yarn I have around to make something for my best friend for her birthday in November. The yarn on this is a light yellow and a deep purple colour, just in case it doesn't show up in the photo. I hope you like it! I'll keep you all posted with the rest of the blanket! 

11CCFA11-FE00-4371-B825-30C3EC043BB0.jpeg

In the meantime, keep creating and having fun. I look forward to seeing your creations everyone!

Judi9877

Looking good @Judi9877. Lots of work, by the sound of things. 👍👍

@Gazza75  I see you under the support button. I hope you are ok. 💙💙💙

Any time for diamond painting these days ?

Hi @Maggie ,

I'm chipping away at my Unicorn, probably still a few months away from completion.  It's not my biggest painting, but, the most challenging I have done so far.  I've enjoyed looking at your creations along with everybody elses. 

I'm doing alright, struggling with work and life.  Have a few days off now which are sorely needed 🙂

Take care

Gary

it looks great @jem80 @Judi9877 good work

im 46 rows off finishing this stupid blanket ive been working on forever.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Quick reminder about tonight's Topic Tuesday discussion which is due to start soon Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST f... 

@Former-Member  here’s a dotting demo you might like to watch.

To start off, you can use things around home. Toothpick, eraser end of a pencil, take the wool off a cotton bud, put a pin in the eraser. Just different sizes is what you are aiming for. I hope you enjoy this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3st51yIrXY

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance