Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Love you back @Meowmy. Enjoy your evening. My day has gone okay. Tomorrow I get to be mums' taxi as she wants me to take her to the doc. I get frustrated with her but I have to remember that she's getting older and I need to respect her more.

Hope you have a beautiful Friday xx

@ENKELI you're a great daughter

I LOVE this photo @ENKELI It's so true. I live in public housing and Im positive nothing happens with anything in Public housing authorities because I think they are just too scared in that they might lose their jobs.

@Judi9877 I So enjoyed your post. What a kind thing to do with the knitting. I remember I crocheted this square rug that took me about a year using tapestry will thread to get the colours, I gave it to an ex-boyfriend's mother in an old people home and by the next day it was taken.........

@TAB @Meowmy @SmilingGecko @Judi9877 @Glisten @StuF @Captain24 

I have been having bouts of diverticulitis. Curses. 

I'm going to copy you all. I'm getting my carer and me to hook me up to a course in TAFE.

understand re diverticulitis @PeppyPatti  can have gas or have to run ro toilet at random time, or pains, or runs .. yay .. or sometimes just go to loo all day ha ha lol

Hows TAFE? @TAB  Ill probably do Workplace and training again and another course too. 

Im watching ......Of Thrones again but it's at the boring religious bit. 

never watched the hunger thing or one y sed @PeppyPatti 

Bed here now

nighty night... @TAB 

BCA61AE7-86FA-43ED-89C4-8FDE26C2EB82.jpeg

Good evening @PeppyPatti. Thanks for the kind words about my knitting. I’m so glad I can knit as it means that as long as I have access to wool, I’ll never really be cold as I can use it to knit myself a blanket, beanie, scarf, mittens and a jumper. I can also crochet so I often do that to make blankets when I feel stressed or want to have a break from my knitting projects. I enjoy being able to make things for charity such as blankets, beanies and the odd jumper for a child or adult as I don’t have family to knit for and I’ve got a large stash of wool to use up. I tend to make ‘crazy blankets’ which is knitting strips of wool of odd amounts to make a blanket for adults for a charity knit for with the crazy being that no blanket will ever be the same as I get to use up all of my leftover wool. I’m currently working on a blanket using wool my housemate collected and put into a tub near my chair in the lounge room which I tend to pick up when watching tv at night. As long as I have access to a measuring tape and my wool, I’m a happy camper!

I read that you’re considering a Tafe course which is great to hear. Do you know what you’d like to study? What are your interests? I know in Victoria, there is the option to study certain qualifications for free at Tafe which is great if money is a barrier to studying. Maybe that’s an option for you? I know that some Tafes have open days and course officers where you can meet with them to discuss your options and they can help you choose a suitable course for you and tell you what’s involved in the course. Some courses also have practical placement opportunities where you get to work in the employment area of your course area as part of putting your academic work into action and you get to see what the future job will be like for you once you get your qualification. If you’re lucky, at the end of the placement, you might secure employment at the workplace which is an added bonus. Again, just something for you to be aware of, depending on what course you choose to study. I chose my Certificate IV in Leisure and Health as I wanted to be an activities officer in an aged care facility as I’m very creative (this really came about 20 - 25 years ago when I was diagnosed with my mental health issues and I found that being creative allowed me to focus on something more than just my mental health diagnosis and express myself). I have recently completed my 120 hours of required practical placement in an aged care facility whereby I mainly worked in the dementia care area and I enjoyed it, especially knowing how much these groups love having people around them to listen to them and their stories. I’m now also planning to potentially study dementia care in the next 2 years through a uni online once I complete the rest of my Certificate IV in Mental Health at Tafe (I struggled to complete it due to personal issues and being hard to get a job at the end of the course) however when I was on my recent placement, I learnt that the course would benefit my career options in an aged care setting as lots of aged care residents have mental health issues that are often undiagnosed when moving into aged care so there is a need for this skill set in aged care. Besides, I’ve accepted that I could never do a PCA job as I don’t do well with personal care of people in all aspects and lots of aged care facilities like people to have a PCA background so they can use the activities officers to do the PCA role if the facility is understaffed in that area and not run activities programs. Until next year, I plan to continue to work as a volunteer in mental health and enjoy the rest of my year relaxing and dealing with whatever life gives me, which at this time includes trying to learn how to deal with my cat and her new health issues and hoping she gets better. Oh, and going on a cruise ship holiday to the Great Barrier Reef next month for 9 days as a reward for completing my Tafe course.

Take care.

Judi9877☺️🌻

Golly @Judi9877 

Your as clever as @TAB  and @Glisten 

Two things you write which I think is as powerful as ever. - 

Certificate IV in Mental Health at Tafe (I struggled to complete it due to personal issues and being hard to get a job at the end of the course)

I complete the rest of my Certificate IV in Mental Health at Tafe (I struggled to complete it due to personal issues and being hard to get a job at the end of the course) 

Phew this is going to be a long reply.....

I love those two things you write. I love you acknowledge yourself in what you do. My oldest son -- I originally joined Sane forums because he kept on acting out by dropping out of University, ending up in a locked ward for smoking pot ( he's like me ) 

Then he did a philosophy degree - it took him in his 20s   because of his mental health issues but he did it. 

In this mess of his life -- too boring to talk about his life with me -- I asked him, I was allowed by him to visit him in his 20s he was living in a different state. He just wanted to be the most intelligent janitor from his degree. I laughed and said Cool !! 

As his mum I wasn't allowed to get involved with his life --- he's 33 today and he has a great lady friend --- he lives his life very well. 

I felt this in your messages that you did this because you wanted to. 

Am I correct ? 

Next message I'll tell you why I want to go to Tafe. Thanks for your message 

 this is a fairly large embroidery I did when about 22 yrs old. I gave it to my friend ....

IMG20240810180419.jpg

I've had an Easy Life @PeppyPatti  I just moan a lot, lol

@Judi9877 @Glisten 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance