Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Making friends in your 30s and beyond

G'day from Australia Princessmolly.  I guess I'm shy but friendly so I tend to make friends easy.  I usually start out "G'day my name is ..... how are ya?" which is "Hello my name is .... how are you?"

I then proceed with "Are you a local or on holiday?"  I also find that having interests that you like is a good icebreaker.  Don't be shy to admit you're new to town and that you find it hard to make friends - people appreciate honesty.

Be yourself, after a little conversation ask would you like to have a coffee sometime?  I find that if they're locals, keep the conversations light, and you then have more to talk about the more you get to know the person.   Travellers you can basically have a long talk (if they have time) as you may not see them again, but you also may get a number or e-mail address off then to keep in touch.

Also if you don't feel like talking to anyone you have that right as we all feel like that at times, but remember friendships, like all things in life, depend on what you put into them as to what you get back, also random acts of kindness help put a smile your face.  Good luck Smiley Happy

Hi @Princessmolly

Just had another thought. If there is a second hand shop, like, Opportunity Shop, they often are short of volunteers. Just a thought.

Would be a way of meeting all sorts of people. 😉

That's a stirling post @3Spuds. A fabulously down to earth, positive contribution to our forums.
Sorry it's been so long before I read this thread. How you trucking? 😀
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance