Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabaluga's

That's fine unqualified people doing my trade @TAB I know I will be there fixing up there f@ck ups ,I win both ways

TAB
Senior Contributor

Changes to WA’s plumbing rules are now in effect, with further reforms to roll out next year.

Building and Energy has published an industry bulletin about the first stage of amendments to the Plumbers Licensing and Plumbing Standards Regulations 2000.

Among other changes, the general public is now allowed to carry out certain basic plumbing tasks at their homes. A homeowner or occupier, or someone doing the task for them without being paid, can legally undertake work limited to:

• maintenance, repair or replacement of a shower head;
  • maintenance or repair of a tap, other than a thermostatic mixing tap;
  • replacement of a cistern washer;
  • replacement of a water filter cartridge; and
  • clearing a blocked fixture or waste pipe by using a plunger.

“This change gives consumers the option of conveniently carrying out certain basic tasks in their own homes if they feel confident to do so,” Building and Energy Acting Executive Director Peter Stewart said.

“Consumers should note that they can only undertake certain types of plumbing work. They must use a licensed plumber for all other plumbing tasks. Incorrect or uncertified plumbing work can cause property damage and compromise public health and safety.”

@Bill16  I've plunged sinks, unblocked traps, changed washers, changed cartridges, changed cistern washers , changed cistern valves, changed shower heads

I'm talking about installing a gas line or any other appliance ,it took me 4 years to get my gas licence, and I've got my restricted electrical ticket, people shouldn't be messing around with power @TAB 

Are you serious that in past, that prior to this amendment, plumbers had to do everything??? @Bill16  like change a shower head?

Nah I didn't say that @tyme read my last reply 

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah, I dont touch power @Bill16  . gas means nothing to me though. Used to it. was thinking of making a manifold to hook up few 9kg cylinders to HWS lol  as 45kg ones so dear . Have repaired oxy hoses  many times, made fittings etc. dont have an oxy to braze things with atm tho

Yeah I'm not sure about that @TAB do what you want I guess 

TAB
Senior Contributor

of course am not allowed to do it if its part of  a house or a building, but if part of a machine or something can expected to @Bill16  gas stuff is low pressure , just no pinholes lol ..

You really need to pressure test the line @TAB or at least spray every joint with washing up liquid mixed with water,spray it on and see if any bubbles 

TAB
Senior Contributor

yes, or regulators tell you if its leaking . I re- welded  a heat exchanger at place years ago, was made to use 4013 shit satincraft sticks (GP rods that are very sensitive to dirt) only did the one run, had a pin hole, wouldnt hold pressure over 24hrs , would have worked tho, things like that usually block themselves up lol was only hot water ha ha. anyway I had to touch the weld up @Bill16 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance