Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Completely Lost

@Eden1919  I’m sorry you are feeling so scared also. I don’t know what to say, but I’m listening and sitting with you, sometimes, someone being with us, not expecting anything, can be very comforting. My counsellor has often done this with me when I get overwhelmed. Sending some 💜💜💜

@Maggie  Thank you

@Tortoiseshell  I have been trying to listen to music but i am still shaking and too scared to even have my phone with me in case it rings. I don’t want to deal with this I don’t understand why everyone is all worried now when I wasn’t feeling good no one cared but now when I finally feel like I know what to do everyone is freaking out.  

Good on you for trying the music @Eden1919, keep at it with those grounding strategies 🌻 

@Eden1919 

Like @Tortoiseshell  mentioned good on you for trying to listen to music. Maybe you would like to wrap yourself up in a blanket or doona as well as I find it can be soothing.

I understand that you may think everyone is freaking out however they are trying to help you. You mentioned at the beginning that you didn't feel comfortable about taking medications. Would you be willing to give it a go? I have found medications to help settle me.

Hi @BarryHolden,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

My case ended in a crime scene with police involved. I never knew the culprit but there were many other victims dragged into the drama, one of which happened to be a close family friend of his mom. It was the culprit mom's who outed him. 

The family was involved in spirituality of many types including kabbalah which they used to practice magic rituals. I have never heard of kabbalah until this and still have no courage to read it up. While I would never put down any religion, it's humans who always misuse or misinterpret it. But there's magic, witchcraft and tree of life in there. I saw the culprit praying to an image of the tree of life, then I was pushed in sitting position and pointing to him saying "witch" and he said he had given me 'something bad' and laughed mockingly. After I would have nightmares daily for 1.5 months, ending up with migraines, hearing voices, hallucinations and seizures etc. It would take me almost 3 years to piece things together. The information has always been there but I would just supress it as I wasn't ready to deal with it.  

It's much better now as I am just healing through past traumas and getting my body physically fit again. The episodes ran for 2.5 years before police was eventually involved. I wouldn't go into details as it might trigger others. 

I get better through being active outdoor and surrounding myself with kind and virtuous people. It helps with eliminating intrusive thoughts and restoring my faith in people again. It was a horrifying ordeal to be attacked randomly by some strangers. I could never understand why people could end up that way, but I was shown that it was through the family environment that shaped a person's character. They could only end up that way because that's all they were shown as they grew up and that's all they knew. If you were never shown kindness all your life and have to deal with rough people all the time, you can only behave similarly to protect yourself. But this is no excuse.

There are many people in this world, so even if those around you can't uphold virtues, do mix around with others outside of the norm social circle, one day you would find people who surprise you with their differing way of life and treat you kindly. I have met quite a few of such virtuous people and they could only treat others kindly because that's all they ever know too and they mix with friends of similar kind.

Hope you are okay too! Smiley Happy 

Hi @Eden1919 ,

I am glad you're feeling better. It takes a long while for me to get better too, but let's hope we all will fully recover! One tiny step at a time. Smiley Happy

Hi @Eden1919 ,

You mentioned all the humans around you are all demons.

That reminds me of this Japanese Manga Fruitsbasket where the story is about a group of families who have been generation after generation always have 12 children who were born cursed and would turn into animals when they were weak, ill or hugged by the opposite gender. Anyway the main character Tohru chanced upon a few of the cursed ones but unlike others who would be put off when they turned into animals, she would instead kindly accept them as friends. Most of the cursed one would grow up either being rejected or overprotected by their own parents.This acceptance by an outsider eventually helped the cursed family members into self acceptance instead of self hatred and anger towards others. 

Watch more here. Season 2 is still running but this is when Tohru and her 'cursed' friends worked together to break the curse so they can only be humans and no longer turn into animals.

Perhaps you can be like the main character Tohru and treat the humans/demons around you like she did towards her half humans and half animals friends? And maybe it will end similarly like in the show that those humans can only be humans and no longer be demons.

Just a thought, maybe it works, maybe not. But it's a truly heartwarming show. Smiley Happy

@jem80  It isn’t if I want too or not it is complicated I just um idk I can’t explain it. I am trying to just watch tv but I am starting to get super anxious again. 

So the crisis team left my house a little while ago and I am even more scared they said some stuff and now I am thinking that my psychiatrist wants me to take meds even if I don’t want too and that is why he wouldn’t answer my questions and why he kept saying weird stuff and now I am so scared and I am still shaking and I feel like I need to run away at the least I don’t know what to do. 

Hey @Eden1919 it's Rainforest here. I just wanted to check in with you as I can hear that you're struggling tonight.  I'm sure you're reaching  out to your supports although if you think it might be helpful to speak to someone tonight to help feel calmer then please call Suicide Callback Service: 1300 659 467Lifeline: 13 11 14.  Take care and hope tomorrow is a gentler day🌻

@Eden1919  I hope you managed to get some sleep, or rest during the night.

Hoping today has a ray of light for you. 💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance