Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Depression and anxiety

@Ben24 Hi Ben,

I am really sorry you are struggling and I can appreciate how you are feeling, I definitely can. I know how frustrating it is when it feels like you have tried everything and you still feel like nothing has helped. I promise you though if you keep working on yourself, on what you have learnt through your psychology sessions and maybe try some different meds, your world will gradually get brighter. How do I know this? Because I. Have. Lived. It. It took time, a lot of time, and I am still a work in progress. 

It takes a lot of hard work and perseverance. And lots of ups and downs. But YOU are worth it. 

I know what being in a job that saps my soul is like, the anxiety and stress it brought me. Are you able to find another job? Or take some time off? It took me a long time to realise that my job was just one facet of my life not the only thing.

Suicide is not your only option. You reached out here so a part of you still wants to fight. Please keep reaching out, I am happy to listen. I hear you, do not give up. 

Its not that i want to give up i just want to feel normal. Recently My daughters were stolen from me by their mother and taken to NSW. Ive had full custody of the girls for the last 2 years while shes been in rehab. Anyway the stress of not being able to legally do anything has destroyed me. Just to get a lawyer is going to financially destroy me and by then the Kids schooling is out of wack. My kids are being withheld from calling me and i have no idea why? I tried to be a good dad and let the mum visit when she got out of rehab. And even let her have weekends. Now shes packed them off to Sydney and i didnt even get to say goodbye. 

Ive tried over half a dozen mediations low dose high dose. Talking to people really doesnt help for me personally. 

Has anyone tried Hypnosis im not exactly sure if they can block some bad memory in my past but im willing to try.

@Ben24 I am sorry that has happened to you. Are you able to access Legal Aid? Even if you can’t you are entitled to one phone consult with them which could help you know what your options are. I am not surprised you are feeling as you are, you are going through a lot. Please make sure you are looking after yourself especially now. I hope that you get to see your kids soon. 

Sorry you don’t feel talking helps, it’s not for everyone. I haven’t tried hypnosis but I’ve heard it can help, no harm in giving it a go!

I find music helpful, putting on my earphones and turning the music up loud and shutting out the world for a bit can sometimes really help. Have you tried a men’s support group? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance