Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Sendsouth
Casual Contributor

Going back to bed when I should be working.

Hi.

A sign that I'm not travelling well is wasting days in bed when I should be making a living.

I got out of a lengthy depression late last year with a course of TMS and felt like I was back on top of things. Felt great.

In the last week for some reason I've started going back to bed once everyone leaves for work/school. I'm self employed and when I should be working, I'm in bed. Not even sleeping. Just reading & dozing.

I enquired about getting a TMS booster course but as I live in the country, and I had a couple of important commitments, I couldn't go when the hospital wanted to admit me so now I'm not sure what to do.

If only I could find a way of keeping myself from going back to bed. I sleep well at night, I just find comfort in being in bed. And meanwhile another day goes by when I should have been doing stuff.

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Going back to bed when I should be working.

I get this way too, some days I have to sleep all day just to get energy to get me through another day. I find if I put 80s music (56 yr old here) and light some incense I can get more productive. Hope you are ok soon.

I hear you @Sendsouth . It's so real for so many people - wanting to, but unable to get out of bed to work. Then feeling the guilt of not having done anything.

I know it was be for about 10 years of my life. I did so little because I simply found solace in the comfort of my bed. I didn't want to see the world... and yes, this was depression.

Would you consider seeing your doctor and talking to them about this change that you have experienced? It sounds like you have quite a lot of insight which means maybe you can nip this in the bud?

Thankyou.

Thanks. Yes I will contact my Psychiatrist again who organised my admission. I kind of feel like I stuffed it up because when the hospital rang me with the date I had to say I couldn't go. They were going to get back to me but didn't. TBH I wonder if I've annoyed my Psychiatrist but I'm just going to have to message him again (he allows his patients to text him). 

I find it hard to communicate to my wife about what's going on. I feel a big responsibility to not let her and my family down so usually keep it to myself and pretend I'm OK.

By the way, @Sendsouth @Crystally - We welcome both of you to the forums!

Great to have you with us! Please know that the people here are ALL real people with real experiences.

We hope you find the connection and support you deserve on the forums. 

Thankyou

@Sendsouth , 

I wonder if you can phone back and ask again? With things like this, it's better to tackle it early than leave it for later when it may be much harder and take much longer 'level out'.

Like so many, they don't want to worry their loved ones so they pretend they are okay. This may ultimately do more damage.

Look after yourself because you and your family deserve it. You deserve to feel that 'great' which you once knew. You deserve to live life rather than going back to bed all the time.

It was so so so hard for me the get out of bed. Each time I did, I felt physically sick. I'm so glad I'm in a much better place. 

You can do it too!

Thanks very much

I'm glad you are doing well. I was doing well just a week ago. I wish I could figure our what's going on. I feel a bit flat but wouldn't say I'm depressed right now. It's frustrating 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance