Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

I shouldn't be worried should I...?

this is not anything super serious or imediate btw. I am supposed to have a phone call with my psychiatrist in a few days and then a first appointment with a psychologsit the day after but i shouldnt be worried right? just because things have been intense they shouldnt be worried right? nothing bad will happen if i am honest about what has been happening will it? i am scared someone will over react and say i have to go to the devils lair (hospital) i mean i dont need to go there but people have done that in the past more than once so i am always so scared that anything i say will land me back there. i shouldnt be worried right?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I shouldn't be worried should I...?

Deep breaths @Eden1919  I’m sure it’ll be okay. I was in a similar position but I wasn’t hospitalised thankfully after making a verbal contract should I deteriorate I would agree to treatment. Things are beginning to be better for me, I sincerely hope that they will for you too.

@Eden1919 this is my greatest fear- it's so hard to figure out how to be completely honest about how much you are suffering- & to feel completely safe & trust in people- what was your situation last time when you ended up in hospital? Was it similar to what you're experiencing now? Can you remember what caused them to make that decision?
I was advised by a helpline on Tuesday that I should call my doctors office & tell them I felt like I was having a breakdown- so I did to the receptionist because she didn't have any appointments for me-( but I had an unhelpful psychologist apt. That day)-& then I hung up the phone & became so paranoid that they were going to send round the guys to lock me away-😭 I called them back in a panic & made sure they weren't going to do that-& they weren't- but it's such a scary feeling!! 💖

@Queenie  thanks i am glad you worked out a plan. 

@Serenity1  it really is a scary feeling. things are similar to other times they have made me go which i guess is why i am nervous. some things are worse than the other times and other things are just a little less than the other times. but i find it very hard to tell because most of the times were when i was feeling unsafe but there have also been times where i felt fine but everyone else kept telling me there was something wrong. so i never really know based on how i am feeling what others will consider bad. i find it very difficult to know at times. the other reason i am concerned is becuause before i was living with other people so even if they were concerned they still knew that there would be people checking up on me essentially. but now i am living alone and no one ever really checks physically on me so i am not sure if that will make them more concerned or not. i really dont know i mean i guess i have to wait and see but the closer the date gets the more i am worried about it and the more i am having flashbacks about it all. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance