Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

😭

I am REALLY STRUGGLING 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 😭

Sorry your struggling so much @Serenity1  i havent been able to keep  up with all the threads but know  things have been tough for you. 

Do you think you could talk to your supports about what is happening for you as well so youve got that face-to-face  supports? 

@outlander thanks for your support- that's the problem I did speak to a counsellor at my most vulnerable on Tuesday- told her I felt I was having a breakdown ' the only thing she suggested was" do something nice for yourself "- can't see her for two weeks now & has not suggesting anything or helped put any plan in place. Really discouraging-
I saw my doctor yesterday & she was great giving me a letter of support to give the school- & saying she would be my advocate until the THREE MONTH WAIT is up for the advocate I am trying to put in place-& said I can see her on a weekly basis as needed - so that was really nice & appreciated 💖

Hi @Serenity1 

Smiley Happy

I hope having a regular check in with your doctor helps.  I have been doing that every 3 weeks with mine and it has made the world of difference over an extended period of time.  Eventually when you are ready, start thinking about or researching the things that DO have a good effect on you.  I was very resistant to a lot of self care ... as I had such a huge argument in my head saying I could not have anything good, but eventually through looking online and relating here and there, I have found things that do matter to me and make me a bit better to be around.

Takre Care

Heart

sorry you had that reaction @Serenity1
would speaking to a helpline be helpful? i find sane pretty good at helping me work through things when im struggling or if im between sessions and dont know what to do.
it mgiht be worth speaking to your psych the next time you see her about how her reaction has affected you....

seeing your gp regularly sounds great and her acting as an advocate until other arrangements are sorted is greatt good of her too
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance