Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Music is Medicine// Tuesday 18th April 2023 5:30-7PM AEST

Hey @xaenica 

Thank you for joining us tonight for Topic Tuesday 🙂 

You're on the right thread! If you just keep hitting the refresh button every couple of minutes it should refresh the chat that is going on, and you're welcome to click the 'reply' button and share your thoughts/ any questions you may have too. 

Check out the How To Guide for Topic Tuesdays here for extra info!

Thanks so much for going ahead and checking out my music! That's so kind of you. That song is so impactful and its by an artist called Raye. I love how raw and honest she is. I use my music in this way too, as it's so important to share and be honest about the realness of the industry and beyond. ❤️

@Blossom497 just so you can see Sammi's reply

What inspires you to share your lived experiences with mental health through your music?

The reason I share what I've been through and do so with music is because I feel it's a great way to be vulnerable without necessarily feeling like I need to have hard conversations. And letting people, know how you're doing isn't as easy as it sounds. It's hard to be vulnerable with people and often it's hard to know if you're the only one feeling that way. If I can say it in my songwriting, I can get across what I want to say with less judgement and a sense of pride, because I turned it into art. I share my music and my experiences to help others feel less alone what they might be going through.

@Oaktree see Sammi's answer above 😊

@OaktreeI'm super keen to dive into all of this tonight and share with you - Stay tuned! ❤️

Maybe it also helps you to have clarity about what you are feeling, make sense of it, and do something with it.

It sounds like a great outlet to release what you are feeling and thinking. It’s also a great way to let people know that they are not alone 

@Sconstantine 

Meggle

Yes, that's such a lovely way of looking at it. Music can bring us clarity when we aren't sure what we are thinking or feeling, but a song seems to describe it perfectly! @Blossom497 

Absolutely!! It's like free therapy! haha!! It's essentially journaling that sounds good too! @Blossom497 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance