Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Lunar
Senior Contributor

BPD Resources

Hello,

Just thought I would share some interesting information about BPD guidlines for treatment I have found this article on the BPD Foundation Australia website:

The guideline seeks to improve understanding and recognition of BPD in health services and the community and will assist health professionals to diagnose, treat and manage BPD in adolescents and adults.

These guidelines were developed by a multi-disciplinary Guideline Development Committee of clinical, consumer and carer representatives with BPD expertise. The guideline discusses a range of treatment options, including 63 recommendations covering diagnosis, management, treatment and information for supporting carers and families.

Guidelines are available as a free download

Happy reading!

Lunar

3 REPLIES 3

Re: BPD Resources

Hi @Lunar

thank you so much for putting up some very informative information on BPD. I have ready only a few pages and I get it.  I will read the rest over the weekend.

Reading bits of this gives me hope that I can recover from BPD.  It's just that at the moment I don't believe it at all.  It is a really difficult disorder 😞

Thanks again for this information 🙂

Morning @BlueBay,

I am so glad you have started reading that guide, it is really long but I think it is interesting 🙂

I have also found a recovery story by AJ Mahari, she has written many articles about her life, dealing with both parents having BPD as well as her partner also having BPD, she quotes "You can empower yourself toward recovery by learning to change your thoughts and to cope with the triggers that are the gateways to recovery. Triggers that will present you with numerous learning and growth opportunities each and every time you experience the emotional dysregulation associated with them."

http://borderlinepersonality.ca/bpdrecovery.ca/

So important to try and stay hopeful, I am sure there are times when you won't and that is really tough but that is okay, just try to take care of yourself ❤️

Lunar

Thanks @Lunar

Just saw this will have a read in my lunch break.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance