Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Welcome to the forums! @Dogdays 

I agree, Community is so important.

I'm sorry to hear that things have been so hard. I'm hearing how hard life can be sometimes, especially as you navigate supports to help others.

What are some things that keep you going even when things are tough?

Do you have any particular interests?

Please know you are not alone. We are a pretty friendly bunch here.

Thank you tyme. Navigating supports are indeed difficult, finding ongoing support seems highly improbable. Like I wrote for the sake of my spouse if there is anything, anywhere I need to find it. 

Usually my answer to: what keeps me going, is family. Not as much the case anymore. But I do have my darling spouse, and our two adorable pets still. They're what makes the darkest days, weeks and months worth it. 

My interests don't always stay consistent but I crochet, play Table Top Role Playing Games and cycle for the moment. 

It's something often said and always true: you're not alone. Something that helps remind me of this is a habit I formed as a little girl: when walking my dog I would make a point to say hello and smile to everyone I walk past. At first it was for them, a small act to make sure they didn't feel lonely but it's really always been for me too. Little slice of connection.

DID, it's not confirmed, but have CPTSD ,I've been on before I think, my name is just. Please let me know how to introduce myself here. Did I do it right?

My name is B_knuls

It’s nice to have a safe place where everyone seems comfortable to share and help each other out 

just wanted to say hi and introduce myself 

Hi @B_knuls 

We wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums.

We hope that you find the forums a great place to connect with other members, share stories and ideas, and find the support and connection you deserve.

We look forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Hey @B_knuls ðŸ‘‹ Welcome.

Hey I'm Reeree. I'm a newbie here. I've struggled with my mental health for most of my life and am just discovering the power of connection and understanding. A few facts about me - I love animals (I have 3 cats and a dog) and I have an alphabet of diagnoses. Have a great day 🙂

Hi all,

Still trying to figure out how to navigate this forum but I'm hoping to find support and be able to give it here.

I guess you can call me Rodente.

I have autism, adhd and all the mental health issues common with that.

I also have fibromyalgia so I pain and fatigue are a constant companion.

I have been on the DSP most of my adult life but recently started working part time. It's been very hard on my physically and emotionally but I want to keep working in some capacity.

It just feels like I'm destroying myself at the moment, even though I know realistically the work isn't very demanding and I'm positively impacting others doing it.

All of my energy outside of work goes to preparing for work and trying to maintain my home while everything slowly degrades.

Even when I have a break from work I struggle to muster the energy to do any of the many things I wanted to do or used to enjoy.

I feel broken and don't know how to start fixing me.

Hey @Reeree ,

Welcome to the forums. 

You are right. The power of connection is incredible.

We are glad you have found us.

@Jynx @Radarears @Patches59 @Zoe7 have their lovely furbabies too. Hope you can connect with them! 

You have taken a huge step forward in reaching out @AlDenteRodente 

I hear how hard it is for you right now, and recognise the energy needed just to survive.

What are things that you enjoy doing? Do you think these things can encourage you to push ahead?

We are here for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance