Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

@tyme 

I am an artist and want to make a career in the arts.

While the job I have has given me more financial stability and even much inspiration for artwork, it saps me of almost all my energy to make.

I have taken a break this whole week and have barely been able to work on this painting that I'm doing for my father's birthday.

20240607_202753.jpg

 

His birthday is on Sunday and I've just agreed to an extra shift tomorrow. I'm not very good at saying no when people ask for my help.

Awww @AlDenteRodente . Sounds like you have a very big heart and you want to help everyone!

Thanks for sharing your next pic. I can see you love your artwork. Truly amazing... I only go as far as a stick figure lol. 

Pretty awesome work there! I'm really interested in learning more about this painting for your father. To me, it's got a deep underlying message. Only if you feel like sharing. No pressure at all.

@tyme 

It's a ray playing a xylophone. 😅 Not super deep.

Rats are one of my hyperfixations and music is one of my dad's passions. Every birthday/Christmas when I get the chance I do another small painting of a rat playing a different instrument to join his band. One day he will have a whole orchestra.

OMG! That's sooooo awesome! You see? It IS meaningful. Each pic plays a different instrument. It makes a lot of sense. It would be so awesome to have a band of rats playing! @AlDenteRodente 

Ah! Hence your name 'Rodente'??? Supposedly rats are really clever and awesome pets.. but not thanks for me. 

@tyme 

They aren't for everyone but get a bad wrap. Victims on their own success in some ways.

Wild rats are very successful in urban environments as their diet is very broad, like humans.

Pet rats have all the survival instinct bred out of them. Fuzzy little potatoes.

Rats are highly social and empathetic animals with excellent hygiene and inquisitive natures. Most of their vocalisations are too high pitched for humans to hear, so they're also very quiet pets.

I could go on and on but yeah, rats are pretty great and so are most animals really.

Hi @Reeree, welcome to the forums

as Tyme mentioned I have fur babies.  I have 2 cats who are approx 4years old.  My female is a black tortie and white, my male is white with ginger patches.

Like to hear more about your fur babies, if you are ok to share.

there is a forum group entitled ‘Everything cats’ for all us cat lovers plus similar for dog lovers

Hey @Reeree I live for my fur babies (as do other members) so you are in good company here. I have a dog who thinks he is a cat and a cat who thinks she is a dog - so they even themselves out lol They get on really well unless I am giving my attention to my cat and then Toby (my dog) gets jealous!

@Zoe7 @My cat also thinks he's a dog funny Lil guy

LOL @Juliet2 . The cat-dog I guess?

@AlDenteRodente , yes, despite the bad rap, supposedly rats are very clean and can make really good pets! (But no thanks for me).

I haven't met anyone else here who loves rats.

How's the painting going?

@Juliet2 LOL They are funny little creatures with their own individual characteristics. My cat likes to 'help' with Toby in the garden or garage (unless there is noise from power tools and then she runs away). I then often find her sleeping in amongst the tools when I leave the door open to the garage lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance