Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Every new beginning, comes from some other beginnings end. Seneca.

@Anastasia  Yes, it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the 💪💪💪✔️ much appreciated.💕💕

@Bow  I think the theory of not comparing ourselves works ok enough, not the practice somehow. Brokenness and trauma bring in a whole new dimension and direction that nothing else seems to compare with.

I’m not sure we recognise the change in us, the tough stuff seems to block our view.

It took me many years to find someone I can touch base with, and I would multiply her if I could.

Sending you ❣️❣️❣️ I know things are really tough for you.

@Zoe7  As I have often done with your posts, I teared up, in a positive way. Thankyou.

It is a good point to not measure on what has not been achieved, sometimes it’s just that we gave it a go, that is all we can take from some of life’s experiences.

My counsellor said we never really know what impact we make, and I think that’s very true. Often we tell others, but not the person, until the funeral usually. We are strange really.

Thanks for such kind words. I appreciate you. 💙💙💙🦋🦋🦋

@outlander  Thanks for reading, and for dropping by. Thanks for being you. 🐎🐎🐎

@Judi9877  I think, like you, mental illness has definitely brought out my creativity. It’s like therapy in many ways, and a break from a complex mind.

I always though it would be lovely to have a twin sister. You hear stories of intuition etc. But I can see there would/could be comparisons, just to add an extra layer. Definitely individuals, and different.

Congratulations on getting into your second degree, no easy achievement. Go you.

I think we look at life from a much deeper lever that most mainstreamers do. We face many self discoveries, hidden gems under the rubble.

Thanks for you post. It’s good to gets to know you a little better.

Take care. 🌼🌷

@Powderfinger  I smiled when I read “ It’s the most I’ve heard you speak “. It took me hours to do. 🤪🤪🤪

I think the experience has prepared me, or is preparing me, for other ‘ meetings ‘. I was surprised by my reaction, but I think I’m understanding bits and pieces more as distance is giving me a bit of clarity.

I have been working towards owning my journey. Trying not to feel ashamed of where I have been. But once shame is in our lives, it seems to seep through so much. All a work in process.

I agree, money, marriage , career, family don’t equal success, but it’s hard to convey that in a materialistic world.

Relationship breakup of any kind is excruciating, I know you really understand this.

Thankyou @Powderfinger . Love to you.💕💕

@Maggie ... I'm sorry I havent responded here yet.  Just not up to it right now, and you deserve a thoughtful and full response.  But I want you to know I am reading, listening and hearing you ... and I care a great deal about you.  You are so brave, so true, such an inspiration.  I'm really glad that you decided to open this thread and that you feel able to express yourself so well here, and to receive the loving support that you deserve.  

Much love and admiration to you Maggie.

Emelia 💞🤗

@Maggie Several years ago I ran into an old student whilst out one night. I did not recognise her but when she started talking to me I then knew who she was. What she said to me has stuck with me ever since - she said she hated school but loved coming on the day she had my classes (I was teaching History at the time in a high school). She was a difficult student to teach because she never seemed to be listening or do the work quickly. She went on to say that she always remembered what she learnt and a lot of it made her think about other people and what they had to endure throughout their lives.

Why am I telling you this? It is simple really - we often never know what influence we have upon others nor the positive impact we have on their lives. Sometimes what we see as a small thing is a massive thing to others and we should never underestimate our worth in shaping others' lives in a positive way. Small, seemingly insignificant steps, for one may be giant leaps for others - it is ll relstive nd it ll matters.

always here for you @Maggie just abit short on words latley but im reading along and caring 💕💕

Thank you @Maggie I needed to read that.

Today I got an invite to a reunion that took me back more than 10 years - it's like another lifetime when there was so much promise for me, and one of my kids in particular. Life took us in a very different direction to that of the families who will be gathering and I just can't face it.

@Zoe7 @Judi9877 your words also really resonated with me.

This forum turns up gems sometimes, right when I need it!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance