Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The great yoga adventure

@soul at home I am the second one but at my first ever class on Monday I will DEFINITELY be the first one. 😂

I can't see the pictures yet @soul 😞

Haha @soul I can definitely relate to the worrier pose, mostly because I am worried abouy sweat marks in certain places and also what I will eat afterwards Smiley LOL

I don't do socks @Phoenix_Rising mainly because it is slippery, but you can buy grippy ones and might be cleaner if you dont like being barefoot, but I like being barefoot!

Monday sounds very exciting but can also understand how you feel nervous, I am sure you will be fine, just remember to BREATHE 🙂

@Lunar I am SO scared!!!!! I emailed the place today to clarify how to book into the class etc. I was going to call...but then I got scared so I emailed instead.

I'm super glad that @CheerBear and I are having this adventure together. That has super helped me to be brave...but I'm still superly duperly scared.

At least I will probably have some highly entertaining stories to share on the forum next Monday night. I'm sooooooo un-coordinated. I'm thinking of putting a "L" and "R" on my left and right hands to help me remember which is which. Smiley Very Happy

You'll be fine @Phoenix_Rising

YOGAAAA.jpg

Good luck everyone!    

I love yoga.  I only do it at home though not in public ... yet.  You are all doing really well just to be going, remember that.  Have fun and enjoy, I hope you find it as relaxing as I do.  Don't worry if you don't get everything right, the others wont care (unless you fall on them).

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh, I'm so excited for you @CheerBear and @Phoenix_Rising!!!!
I love a good yoga class, despite how hard I find it to do.
But I just wanted to let you know that the yoga classes I have been to have been such welcoming, friendly places and not to worry too much.
Everyone starts somewhere and your instructor will not expect you to be an expert at the get go.

The most important thing about yoga is that you're doing the position correctly. So pay attention to where your knees and hips and shoulders are pointed and don't worry about how 'deep' or 'high' you can go. That will come with time. 
The other thing to remember is if it gets too much you can just take a little break and no one will mind.

I just slip into child's pose until I'm ready to go again. 😀

childs pose.jpg

Yoga is so easy even a dog can do it.

YOGGG.jpg

@Alone Super big thank you for your encouragment. I don't know about @CheerBear, but I know I need all the encouragment I can get!!!! I have been messing around with yoga at home for years, but trying to get to an actual class has been beyond me. I am still SUPER scared!

I love your comment that no one will care so long as I don't fall on them...stay tuned to hear how I fell on someone next Monday night. Smiley LOL

@CheerBear I emailed the place today and received a reply. They said they are very used to anxious newbies. They sound super nice and supportive, and offered to answer any further questions that I have. Only five sleeps now. I'm so scared!!!!!

I've definitely committed to this now. Even if something comes up and you are unable to "join" me, I have set my mind to Monday being the day for me. Have I mentioned how scared I am!!!!!!! When I was at the shops the other day I hunted around for a little cheerbear but I couldn't find one. When I find one I will definitely be buying it! I super love that picture of you with your cheerleading pompoms. I'm going to think of that as I walk into the yoga place on Monday.

Eek! I'm getting excited for this @Phoenix_Rising - not to put pressure on or anything Smiley Very Happy 

I went to yoga today for first time in a couple of years. It felt sooo good, like I did some excellent self-care for my mind and my limbs. It was also a new studio - I get nervous too turning up for the first time! Good luck 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance