Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: EMDR - Has anyone done this

@Doglover  It is the re traumatizing that my psychologist said would happen to me if I did it. I just couldnt cope with it to be honest it would be a continuing opening of a Pandora's box and it would be the death of the pea. Without sound too melodramatic.

Thinking of you today @Doglover  and hoping you are able to see your pdoc and get your meds tweaked if that's needed.  Also hoping today feels a bit better for you and you are starting to feel clearer about what you want from your psychologist and what you want to say to or ask them.  When I've been in a similar position I found it helpful to write down thoughts about that conversation in advance when they pop up (over at least a few days usually) and then go to the appointment with a written list to help me remember what my concerns are once face to face with the therapist.  Maybe this would be helpful for you.

I'm not sure if you've said already, but do you have a mental health care plan from your Dr.?  That should mean you can get 10 psychology sessions at a lower cost (medicare rebate would apply).

@Doglover  Hi I just have to say i have not read this whole thread so if i repeat something that has alreay been said than sorry about that. anyway I havent done it but i know 2 people that have  and it has been suggested to me but i am not sure if now is a good time and would idealy like to finish uni before i try it because it does have the potential to make things intense for a period of time. BUT both the people who did it said it was the only thing that actually worked to help with their issues at the time. so i would not completely rule it out if it is an option but i would try and find a time where you dont have a huge amount of non flexible commitments to do it so that you give it and yourself the best chance of working. 

@Hope4me @DGoldman @utopia @Zoe7 @greenpea @eth @Eden1919 

To everyone who has responded to my post and has not received a reply, or not received a reply to a reply, i apologise! I only hav the internet on my phone and its very time consuming so im struggling to keep up. But im not complaining! I rly appreciate all ur responses, it just might take a while for me to get to respond to them

Thanks again everyone. 

Doglover 💜

Hi again fellow dog lover @Hope4me . Thanks for putting so much effort into ur response - no wonder u were pooped after that!

Im not sure that my response will do ur post justice, so i apologise in advance for that.

You rly hav done a lot of work on urself, its quite an achievement to do all that u hav done. It sounds like it hasnt bn an easy journey for u tho. I rly hope that u r further along the path to healing, recovery and functionality as a result of all the work u hav put in. I wish i had the success with medications that u hav had - in 9 months we hav not found a medication to help and most make my symptoms worse. My brain feels fried - like its full of nothing but scrambled eggs! I dont know why scrambled eggs but thats just the image i get when i think of me brain. I hav terrible head symptoms, cant think straight, cant concentrate on anythibg, cant make decisions, my mind is constantly racing and catastrophising, and no medication seems to help. The physical symptoms i have (they r just some) make the journey of  healing and recovery very difficult to say the least!

"Learning about adrenaline/cortisol (which I think may be an underlying problem for you atm) " i completely agree that this is an issue for me, in a major way!

Thank u so much for all that u have shared @Hope4me  and all the effort u put into ur response.

You mentioned u were dealing with some issues of ur own - i hope u r doing better today.

Thanks again for everything Hope and again i apologise that my reply has not done ur time and effort justice!

Doglover 💚

Hi @DGoldman , thanks so much for ur reply and insight. I know u havnt done the therapy urself, but ur questions r very insightful. 

Thanks so much for takung the time to consider all that u hav and for all the valuable questions u suggested - they are very relevant and beneficial, not just for emdr, but for any treatment. So thank u!

I hope u r well, and once again i rly appreciate ur response

Doglover

Hi @Eden1919 , thanks so much for ur information and advice. Im glad ur friends hav found it beneficial. I hav not ruled it out for the future but decided today that my current day to day distress levels are just too intense to then potentially go adding more to it. But its good to know that it has rly worked for some ppl and, like u, i may well reconsider it some time in the future.

Thanks again for ur help.

Doglover

Hi @Zoe7 , thank u so much for ur msg. Im rly sorry u were doing it tough last night  my friend. Hav things improved for u today at all? I rly hope so. U r such a lovely person and wonderful support, i wish for u that u were never struggling, but i know thats not realistic. Yes i am doing it extremely tough too. The symptoms i get r torturous as iv probs alrdy said.

I hav had a lot of replies about this subject which has been grt, and ppl hav bn very generous in sharing of their thoughts, experiences and insights. Its bn much appreciated, tho iv bn struggling to keep up!

I hope u r doing ok @Zoe7  and look forward to hearing from u again when u r up to it.

💜 Doglover

That we definitely do not want for our pea!!!! Its good that ur psychologist had the insight to realise that it wasnt the right thing for u. Im rly glad. We love our pea and this place wldnt b the same without u! Not to mention all those on the outside world that love u! Im glad u were spared from that @greenpea .

💜 Doglover

@Doglover  My dear friend Doglover Heartxxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance