Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Anda
New Contributor

Intro to me

Hi all, I am new to this forum even though I've been receiving and reading SANE emails for a long time. I wish I'd taken the plunge earlier, but part of my diagnosis stopped me from doing so.

My parents first took me to a psychiatrist 42 yrs ago for anorexia/bulimia. No solutions or assistance other than to put me into locked residential care for 9 months.

Since then I have been off and on with several mental health issues and incidents, medicated, several hospital admissions, several residential accomodations etc. 

Finally about 5 years ago, I received dual diagnosis of borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder. My family were not supportive, saying "it's all in the head (it is lol) and that it'snot an excuse. I think that's why it's been so hard to accept because I have ensured never to use it as an excuse or weakness (to my detriment).  I also unfortunately have several health issues -fml.

Anyway, that's a brief intro of me. I hope to be able to contribute regularly and constructively 💕

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Intro to me

Welcome @Anda !

It's great you can join us here on the forums! I'm sure you'll be able to meet some incredible people with incredible stories here.

I look forward to connecting with you on the forums. I'd be interested to hear more of your journey (if you feel able to share). 

Feel free to tag me by typing '@' in front of my username e.g. @tyme 

tyme

Hello @Anda. I am afraid I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but I just wanted you to know that I understand your feelings. I send you best wishes and hope that others will be along soon to say Hello. Take care of yourself.

Hey @Anda Just wanted to drop by and welcome you. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the mental health system. You are not alone and I believe there are a lot of people here who will empathise with your situation. 

Please reach out if you need anything.. there is always someone online!

Welcome 🌼

I dunno. I don't think these things are all in the head. That kind of paradigm is well meaning but we still gots to look at environmental factors, since that's where the head lives.

Either that or we can get really deep and say everything's in the mind.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance