Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

@Paulette welcome to the forums, I'm glad you've found our community.

Most of our members will be asleep right now, but I wanted to check in with you and thank you for your honesty and vulnerability in reaching out. Night shifts really do mess with your mental health, and the pressure that your children's care giver places on you sounds terrible.

How you're feeling is all that can be expected under the circumstances, but I hope that sharing your story with our community helps you feel a little stronger. 

We are here for you during these trying times 🌻

Thankyou Moxi so much,

I understand most others are asleep. I do feel better getting my thoughts out and I feel a bit calmer setting my feelings free. I have to work as much as do in order to support myself and my children. I am hoping at least after my next shifts on that I could get to have the time off I so need to renew my body and soul. I feel lighter having shared my current struggles. Thankyou so much for listening. I'm so grateful for any support. I've had a great deal of negativity directed at me almost constantly for the last year. Having my children removed from my care has been devestating.  Practicing meditation, exercising, talking to others and self care are my way to gain more resilience. Thankyou for listening to me. 

Rooting for you, @Paulette please do keep in contact so that we can support you over these next few days 🙂

Hi everyone.

Medication is all new to me but need advice.

Been on antidepressants for about 8 month and finding still unwell , has anybody got advice or experience because its highly recommended?

Hey @Backspin, how are you going?

First up, have you spoken to your doctor about this? There are lots of options for different medications or dosages which could be changed if they're not working how you want them too. You know your body and mind best so if it isn't feeling right or how you expected, you can advocate for a change with your doctor/psychiatrist. 

I know for me, I expected my anti-depressants to be completely life-changing. And they have helped A LOT, but it didn't meet my expectations of fixing everything. I tried a bunch of different dosages until I found the right one. And now they're really helpful because they "level me out" and make it easier for me to do important self-care things like exercise, eating well and sleeping. 

How do you want to feel and do you feel comfortable talking to a doctor about this?

Here is some more info also

Hi Moxi 

Thankyou so much for your support. I felt so much better and able to cope given you knew I had some very difficult times in the next few days. Thankyou for making me realise someone cares even when I had given up. You're a beautiful light in my day. You have been that voice of reason for me. I'm so grateful you reached out to me. I feel even now I can get through this. I'm meditating and slowing down. 

Heya @Paulette that's very beautiful to hear. I hope you find our community really supportive ❤️ 

Just a tip, if you press "@" and then type the name of the person you're responding to, they will get a notification that you've responded. I'll tag @moxi for you so they see the post 😊 

Hi @TuxedoCat ,

I'm sorry, I'm just still getting used to this beautiful and supportive site. Thankyou. I will remember in future. Thankyou for your support and that of everyone else. I take life day by day right now. Having support I've never received before is so wonderful. The isolation goes and the acceptance takes it place. 

You are not alone @Paulette - please reach out if you need anything! I'm sure wonderful members will support you with open arms 🙂

Hi @Backspin,

Please give anti-depressants some time to start helping you to feel better. They take time to start working with your chemistry. It's hard when you just want to feel happier calmer and better able to deal with life. It can take time to find what works best. Some anti-depressants can also calm anxiety and help you to sleep better. I understand this as I was refused any medication for anxiety as apparently I was informed I didn't suffer anxiety. I never agreed with this but utilised an

anti-depressant which helped with both anxiety and insomnia. Since then I have relied more on enough sleep, support, good food and excercise. I do hope you will find the right anti-depressant soon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance