Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

soul
Community Elder

Re: HOME

Good morning @utopia - what are you up to today? How's things in your neck of the woods?

3CD0B517-6682-4CDF-A689-71F97456FDF6-9650-0000055CE7DF9CE5.jpeg

utopia
Senior Contributor

Morning @soul. Up at 9. Another load of washing in the machine. Been to the library and grabbed 3 novels. Rather read than clean.
What are your plans for today?
Love the doormat.

good work @utopia Heart

soul
Community Elder

Reading sounds like a good option @utopia. I've been out walking and to the shops. Have cooked my dog's dinners and am about to make a vege lasagne for tonight.

soul
Community Elder

Hi @utopia - hope you have slept well and are positive about the day ahead. Was today the appt with Work Cover or is it tomorrow? You weren't quite sure. Hope you checked. They wouldn't be impressed if you missed it. 😱

E1BB7550-0721-4A56-AFBB-7FBC6B209CD4-9650-0000055D2B19F17B.jpeg

utopia
Senior Contributor

@soul. Today is the WorkCover IME - Psych review. The new psych - they always give you a new psych - is rated really bad. 1 star out of 5- wwith 5 being the best. I expect he will be a nasty bugger.
Taxi picks me up at 11am. To get to the other side of the city by 2pm appointment. A 3 hour drive there and back for a 1 hour interrogation session.
I slept a few hours. But am now starting to freak out. Have my prn calmers with me - just incase. Am hoping to fall asleep in the taxi - to make the trip go faster and to panic less.
This Psychs report will be brought up in my Conciliation Meeting next month. Don't think it will ne favourable.
soul
Community Elder

Yikes - doesn't sound like a fun activity at all @utopia. I hope it goes favourably for you. Do you know the sorts of things they ask? What to expect? Hope you get some rest in the taxi. Listen to some calming music.

Let us know how it goes. Shall be thinking of you @2:00pm. I always used to ask my kids when their exams were so I could send them positive thoughts durng that time.

soul
Community Elder

2011-11-14-a-Difficult-People.pngHope this helps. Or makes you laugh at the very least @utopia

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @utopia - best wishes for your meeting. Good that you've done your research - my psychiatrist has worked as one of the alleged IMEs and has told me about how they work. You've come this far, you can keep going. Just remind yourself that you've been through worse and it's only an hour out of your life. What happens at the conciliation meeting? Does your employer admit blame and you get a payout or do they offer you alternative employment? Sounds like something for lawyers to sort out - I'm still waiting for my mediation hearing so I'd be interested to see how yours goes. Take care - we're all behind you. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @utopia - i really hope the interview and the psych wasnt as bad predicted from their rating. these things are awful - been there! hoping you're ok and resting up looking after yourself after a long day. thinking of you!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance